Follow The Money: Combat Money Laundering Through Data Linkages and Data Quality Improvements
Money laundering depends on anonymity - the obfuscation of entities and transactions. Entity resolution and transaction monitoring systems can do much to detect money laundering schemes, but they only work as well as the data supplied to them. Ensuring data capture, data quality and linking data together are keys to uncovering suspicious financial activity.
Join Pitney Bowes and Aite Group as they discuss how customer, counterparty, and transaction data can be leveraged in the development of robust onboarding, maintenance and surveillance process to manage risk across your business and comply with regulations.
In this session will discuss topics such as:
- Data acquisition and quality
- Capture and leverage KYC/CDD data to improve transaction monitoring
- Reduce low quality alerts
- Reduce chances of missing suspicious activity
- Provide more contextual data to analysts/investigators
- Overall efficiency improvement
- Feedback loops
- Update CDD risk ratings ongoing
- Optimize transaction monitoring efficiency and efficacy
- Improve management reporting
- How to manage data acquisition, quality and linkages
- How to operationalize continuity between KYC/CDD and transaction monitoring
- How to create and leverage feedback loops
Please note, in order to hear the presenter you will need to have speakers or headphones connected to your computer and the volume set to an audible level. Please be sure to check your computer volume controls are not muted.