As a new business account executive at Aite Group, you will manage and grow an assigned list of accounts and strive to bring in new research and consulting business within a geographic territory. You will build relationships, increase client retention, and continually work to uncover opportunities to up-sell our existing client base. Travel within the territory is required (approximately 25% of the time). This is a hybrid role—a combination of account management and new business development.
The ideal candidate will bring a solid sales background (5 to 10 years of outside sales experience) and a proven ability to meet and exceed quota targets, close new accounts, and grow a territory.
Candidates must be fluent in English (fluency in additional languages is always welcome) and possess excellent communication skills—both verbal and written—along with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, as is a positive, can-do attitude and ability to work independently and collaborate with internal teams and colleagues. Experience in selling market research and associated services is a big plus, as is experience with Salesforce.com.
The account executive is expected to excel in the following areas:
- Have and grow a solid understanding of the financial services industry as well as deep knowledge of the banking, securities & investments, and insurance industries
- Achieve the assigned quota by selling Aite Group's research and consulting services and maintaining existing client relationships
- In coordination with the director of sales, develop realistic monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts
- Prospect and develop new accounts while maintaining sales and relationships within existing accounts
- Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential clients, and strategize, present, and demonstrate tailored solutions
- Build relationships with key executives and decision-makers at institutions and technology providers
Aite Group believes our success depends on the human and professional qualities of our employees. We welcome inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic, and political trends and issues. Aite Group expects much from the people it attracts and is committed to offering these individuals a rewarding, fun, and professional environment.
Aite Group is headquartered in Boston, and the candidate would ideally be based there, though we will also consider qualified candidates in the San Francisco area. Compensation consists of a base salary along with performance-based commissions and bonus; Aite Group also provides excellent benefits and believes in maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Aite Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified? Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.