U.S. Equities Market in Transition: Evaluating Leading Exchanges

Report Summary

U.S. Equities Market in Transition: Evaluating Leading Exchanges

As of Q2 2006, the NYSE Group and NASDAQ collectively account for 78% of the entire U.S. equities market. By Aite Group’s estimation, more than 20 other execution venues are battling for the remaining 22% of the U.S. equities market share.

Sang Lee
Co-Founder and Managing Partner

Boston, MA, September 25, 2006 – According to a new report, Aite Group expects fierce competition for market share in the U.S. equities market over the next three to four years. During the process, some contenders will go out of business, unable to secure any reasonable level of liquidity, while others will be acquired by larger players to remain competitive.

This Impact Note highlights recent trends in the U.S. equities market evolution and profiles some of the leading players in the U.S. exchange market, including the NYSE Group, NASDAQ, Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX), International Securities Exchange (ISE), and Boston Stock Exchange (BSE).

This 24-page Impact Note contains 17 figures and 2 tables. Clients of Aite Group's Wealth Management  and Institutional Securities & Investments Service can download the report

How can we help?

If you have a question specific to your industry, talk with an Aite Group analyst.  Call us today to learn about the benefits of becoming a client.

Talk to an Analyst

Receive email updates relevant to you.  Subscribe to entire practices or to selected topics within
practices.

Get Email Updates