Data Dependence Day: Risk Data Aggregation Challenges with FRTB and SA-CCR
No longer the ugly underbelly of banks’ inner workings, risk data and its myriad of challenges are now front and center under the regulatory spotlight. It is Data Dependence Day.
Banks who don’t tackle critical risk data and risk data management tasks as part of their Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and SA-CCR response will put at risk the accuracy of key data that underpins the onerous calculation and reporting requirements of the regulations – From evidencing market data observations and reconciling price observations, to ensuring independent price verifications and making the case for the internal model approach which requires access to a wide range of historical data and proxy risk factors.
These risk data and risk data management tasks will be a major driver for the massive transformation of technology and systems across banking.
Join Aite Group research director Virginie O'Shea and Numerix on Wednesday, November 9th as we explore the risk data challenges presented by FRTB and SA-CCR. This webinar will also address the pain points around aggregation of risk data, and discuss how some firms are approaching them.
Key discussion points include:
- The state of play in terms of primary challenges that financial institutions are facing when examining the practicalities risk data components of these regulations
- Highlight current inefficiencies that must be overcome in order to comply with risk data requirements
- The ideal framework for regulatory compliance –What does that really look like in reality?
- How some firms are approaching the problem – case examples of banks that have already started down the road. What kinds of teams have been established? What kinds of technologies are in the frame? What hurdles have been faced thus far.
- Key takeaways and lessons learned