In North America, major players such as key regional investment banks, insurance companies, pension funds, hedge funds, asset managers, energy companies and corporates are struggling to optimize collateral management while regulators are trying to do a better job of imposing their rules. For instance, revamped initial and variation margin rules are taking root in North America as European regulators finalize regulation that will have global implications. Hear from experts at AITE Group and OpenLink as they discuss the market response.
Some of the major discussion points to be covered via the webinar are:
- What steps should market participants take to optimize their collateral management operations so that meeting these regulatory requirements is less of a burden?
- What parts of the supporting IT infrastructure must be changed?
- Should certain operations be reviewed and revised?
- How is the sell side helping or hurting the situation?
- How does the buy-side compare to the sell-side in optimization functional requirements – is there a significant disparity in approach?
- How have delays to key pieces of regulation across the globe (and constantly evolving market practices) impacted firms’ optimization approaches?
- Are there any regional trends emerging – given that Europe is a much more fragmented market, for example?
Click here to register for this webinar!
- Virginie O’Shea, Research Director, Aite Group
- Mark O'Toole, Vice President, Commodities and Treasury Solutions, OpenLink
- Christopher Surh, Lead Technical Product Manager, Product Management, OpenLink
Virginie O’Shea is a research director with Aite Group, heading up the Institutional Securities & Investments practice and covering data management, collateral management, legal entity onboarding, and post-trade technology. She brings to the firm more than 13 years of experience in tracking financial technology developments in the capital markets sector, with a particular focus on regulatory developments and standards.