Abundant with opportunity, the Small Business lending market is one of the most attractive destinations for a bank’s capital. But this market presents scale challenges and lots of competition from big banks and alternative lenders, with their deep pockets and a digital customer experience. Are community banks doomed? No way. Learn in this session how to harness your bank’s inherent strengths and win deals like the Goliaths.
Based on a recently fielded Aite Group survey of 501 credit-seeking SMBs, this session will help you better understand your borrowers, including how they shop for credit, borrow, and feel about the customer experience.
This webinar, hosted by D+H, will highlight trends in small business lending, including:
- Insights on the SMB market size and loan volume
- Satisfaction levels with credit app response times and documentation turnaround
- Pain points in the SMB lending process for banks and alternative lenders
- Why the customer experience matters
- Factors determining where SMBs apply and close
- Interdependence between process and relationship
- Where community banks might find an edge
David O’Connell is a senior analyst with Aite Group’s Wholesale Banking team, where his primary coverage area is lending. A former commercial lender of 14 years, Mr. O’Connell brings to his lending coverage extensive hands-on and granular knowledge of banks’ challenges in building businesses that lend safely, cost-effectively, and at scale. Broadly scoped, Mr.